What Does An Ambassador Actually Do?
- Monthly meetings and member visits
- Visit businesses with enthusiasm
- Attend new business ribbon cuttings
- Participate in annual membership drives
- Assist in introducing new members to other Chamber members at events
- Let the Chamber President know what issues you hear about
- Wear an ambassador badge so that others know the leader you are
- Follow the bylaws and promote the mission of the Chamber
- As the eyes and ears of the Chamber, you represent the Chamber to the public
Being an Ambassador is an honor – and it looks great on your resume too! If you are an outgoing person who is interested in meeting new businesses, helping say “thank you” to present successful businesses or helping welcome members at events, then being an Ambassador is for you.
How do I Become an Ambassador?
If you are interested in becoming an ambassador, simply send an email to the Ambassador Chair Will Elfstrum at [email protected]. He will explain the opportunity and obligation needed and make sure it fits your schedule and commitment level.
The Ambassador group is capped at 20 people, so inquire right away.
You might be surprised by how many Ambassadors over the years have been elected to our Board of Directors and become Board Chair, as the Board nominating committee recognizes Ambassadors as involved leaders interested in improving the Apple Valley business environment.